Forest Fires in Argentina
16 September 2013
Injured, hundreds of evacuees, homes, livestock and thousands of hectares are the outcomes of the wilfires that are ravaging the northern territoy of Argentina since the beginnig of September. The city of Cordoba has been one of the most affected by the blaze, including in seven provinces such as Salta, Tucumán, San Luis, Mendoza, Jujuy, Neuquén and Río Negro.
This image from the
Moderate Resolution Imaging
Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s
Aqua satellite shows the fires in northern Argentinean territory on
11 September 2013.
The image shows the fires and dense smoke plume in
northern Argentina on 11 September 2013.
The image shows the fires and smoke in northern
Argentina on 01 September 2013.
Recent Media Reports on Fires in the United States: Note: The hyperlinks on the left side of each news are password-protected (User ID and password to enter the GFMC database are available for partners of GFMC. To obtain the ID and password, please send your query to email@example.com). The links on the right side (in brackets) are leading to the original news source; sometimes these news are expiring rather swiftly - a reason for the establishment of the internal GFMC database):
- Argentina: Forest fires rage across 4 Argentine provinces (published by http://abcnews.go.com 11 September 2013)
- Argentina: Córdoba: rescatan a 50 personas atrapadas por un incendio forestal (published by www.datachaco.com 09 September 2013)
- Australia: Now is the time to prepare (published by www.youngwitness.com.au 09 September 2013)
- Argentina: San Luis: falleció un hombre por quemaduras en un incendio forestal (published by www.lanueva.com 08 September 2013)
- Argentina: Más de 50 chicos que quedaron aislados por los incendios forestales en Córdoba (published by www.laprensa.com.ar 08 September 2013)
More reports see GFMC Media page: http://www.fire.uni-freiburg.de/media/news.htm